Perseverance

We spurn despair and strive to complete tasks to the best of our abilities, regardless of the difficulty. We respond creatively to overcome obstacles and ask for help when necessary.

Quote of the Week

“So be sure when you step, step with care and great tact. And remember that life’s a Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed!) Kid, you’ll move mountains!”

~Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You’ll Go

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

On Discovery

A really wonderful thought came to me at about 2:50pm today. I realized that I truly couldn't think of a better way to spend my days than discussing great literature and philosophy with your children. :)

I was struck with this wonderful realization after having one of the most productive and moving conversations I've ever had with my students.

We have been discussing the concepts of utopian and dystopian societies the past two days, as we will soon encounter one in A Wrinkle in Time. Today we read excerpts from the books that display this "ideal" condition of life. Half of the class read and discussed an excerpt from The Giver while the other half read an excerpt from The Time Machine. I was thoroughly impressed by your children's metaphorical and profound discoveries. Please ask them to share the the questions, comments, and conclusions they drew from their conversations. Here is some information about these concepts as well as copies of the readings. Tonight, your children will be reflecting upon our discussion today. I encourage you to join us in this pursuit for truth.

Yours in discovering,

Miss Pantalena :)