Today at Archway, we celebrated the sacred holiday of Great Hearts Day. It is one of the most heart-warming days of the year- and not for the typical reason that February 14th is for most people. Today, your scholarly and kind-hearted children displayed the importance of goodness and virtue. We discussed and reflected upon the value of having and being a good friend to others. The kindness I saw today, was simply a sliver of the goodness and love that is exhibited on a daily basis among our student body. It is absolutely amazing and incredibly reassuring that today's youth can identify and appreciate the value in being a quality friend. I sincerely thank you for instilling these values at home.
I hope your children all shared the very impressive reading we indulged in today. We read an discussed an excerpt from Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics, which focuses on Friendship. Your children never cease to amaze me with their insightful and enlightening comments and questions. I truly find great pleasure in reflecting upon philosophical literature with them; I seem to feel inspired in some way and learn something new each time! I hope you will continue this conversation at home and explore the depths of truth within friendship alongside your inquisitive children.
Thank you to all of the parents who volunteered and donated items to make today's celebration a wonderful one. Your are SO appreciated!
Happy Great Hearts Day!
Miss Pantalena
Welcome! This website contains important information, due dates, and resources for the students in Miss Pantalena's fifth grade class. Please bookmark this page and visit often, as it is updated on a regular basis. Happy reading! :)
Perseverance
We spurn despair and strive to complete tasks to the best of our abilities, regardless of the difficulty. We respond creatively to overcome obstacles and ask for help when necessary.
Quote of the Week
“So be sure when you step, step with care and great tact. And remember that life’s a Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed!) Kid, you’ll move mountains!”
~Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You’ll Go